jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What do you do to cope with modern day stress?

1. tonymead60 profile image94
    tonymead60posted 5 years ago

What do you do to cope with modern day stress?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Candles, writing, movies. But more than anything, books. My own personal stash of enjoyment novels.

tonymead60posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Lburmaster, thank you for your comment, I agree that reading a good book helps blow off a little steam.

3. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 5 years ago

(1) I escape and play ice hockey (old-timer's...) and/or work-out at our college gym (treadmill and universals). Exercise releases hormones that reduce stress and actually improve your cognition. 
    (2) I read the Liturgy of the Hours and/or a good book (note I define a good book perhaps differently then you; however, the key is to select a book you enjoy)...
    (3) I spend time with loved-ones (spouse, our children, close relatives and/or close friends.
    (4) I sleep well and soundly (take power naps; once every-while)...
    (5) I slow time down; that is I reduce and/or eliminate "being-in-a-hurry" (Biah Syndrome). This is critical if you do this you will have reduced your stress significantly. This may mean that you must get more organized...

tonymead60posted 5 years agoin reply to this

connorj,
      thank you for the reply; you certainly seam to have the stress under control, and I agree about the exercise giving you chance to let it all out, as they say.

2. connorj profile image77
      connorjposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome, Tony.

working