jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How Can You Get Rid Of Stress?

1. PhoenixV profile image69
    PhoenixVposted 5 years ago

How Can You Get Rid Of Stress?

How Can Stress Affect Your Health?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Not get rid of, but definately reduce. Go on a bike ride, take a walk, a bubble bath, a shower, work out, meditate, make a nice dinner, clean the house while dancing and listening to music. Read from your favorite books, paint a little, spend quality time with family, play a game with your children, visit some friends, invite a friend over, have a romantic night with your partner, etc.
    Stress makes your cholesterol rise and can be extremely hazardous to your health. It harms how you act around others, how others treat you, and how long you will live. When stressed your immune system does not work to it's best extent, so you will be sick more often as well.

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 5 years ago

a hot spa, yoga and smooth classic music should be able to reduce the stress. Getting rid of it means you need to settle the problem. Then, it won't linger on.

4. Ericdierker profile image52
    Ericdierkerposted 5 years ago

I believe you will find a beautiful answer within your question. Stress is spoken of in these ways. It causes me stress; I am stressed out; this is very stressful; I have to much stress.
    The last one shows a submission and ownership of stress. Anything owned can be disowned. A bumble can cause stress, spilled milk, money can all cause stress. But you do not have to own it. Let it stay out there in the abstract and wind, do not invite or allow it in.
    Stress is one of the huge problems in our life, that we can "just say no to". But it is a lot more fun and sympathy getting and perfect for a drama queen to act the martyr and suffer.
    All of the other comments are perfect on how to deal with it. And you may need them. But the wise woman will not let it into her front door.

5. superkates profile image60
    superkatesposted 5 years ago

It is better to avoid stress than to get rid of it. But in terms of getting rid of it, better start in finding out the cause(s) of your stress so that once you provide a solution, it will be long-term. Avoid procrastination and treat yourself once in a while (we all have favorite things to do or happy activities) especially when you have accomplished something. It is vital in keeping yourself motivated and positive. Smile! Also, you have to do what you love and love what you do. Although I think it is impossible to live a stress-free life, surrounding yourself with good people and to have a radiant disposition in life will help minimize the frequency of stressful days. smile

6. Sushma Webber profile image84
    Sushma Webberposted 5 years ago

Deep breathing as often as possible throughout the day is a good way to reduce stress. However,  a change in lifestyle that includes, exercise, yoga, meditation and pranayama, whichever is suitable for you is necessary to overcome stress on a long term basis.

7. BeccaBunnyBoo profile image60
    BeccaBunnyBooposted 5 years ago

In the most simplest of answers........stress can kill you,it makes your blood pressure go up,heart rate goes up too,it effects all your organs. I get rid of mine,by fast forwarding thru excercise videos (just kidding). I watch a comedy movie or tv ,laughter heals all that and it makes your funny bone happy!!

8. Samith Jhon profile image64
    Samith Jhonposted 5 years ago

Don't take things so personally. Part of what creates stress is thinking that what other people do is something that is being done to us, or is a reflection of us or our actions.

working