jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How many languages do your children speak? Are they bilingual?

1. Jennifer Madison profile image90
    Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years ago

How many languages do your children speak? Are they bilingual?

Nowadays, foreign languages are important in the business world and many companies require you to speak at least one foreign language. That is why it is important for children to start learning a foreign language when they are very young. Are you children bilingual? Do you think it is important for them to learn a foreign language?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

My son lives in the USA, at work he deals with the British clients because he understands the  language, he is bilingual, he speaks English and USA as do his daughters.

3. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 5 years ago

My two sons were born in Scotland, raised in England, so their native language is English. Their mother is dutch so they picked up dutch on holidays we had over there (vacations) and when we lived there for two years. Both boys can speak Spanish - we also lived in Spain and one son is studying Spanish at uni.

They both have a great advantage because being able to speak two languages fluently and a third efficiently opens up so many doors for them. They both learnt when young so easily absorbed the new words.

Hopefully they'll have the chance to use their lingual talents when older in their jobs.

1. Jennifer Madison profile image90
      Jennifer Madisonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's amazing! Yes, kids soak up everything like a sponge and they younger they start the better they are going to learn a language. Many doors are going to be open to them in the future and they will have access to more jobs than monolingual people

4. ExpressFree profile image72
    ExpressFreeposted 5 years ago

My kids usually speak three languages having English on top of it but they also speak other two languages locally in our country.  I think having the knowledge to speak other foreign languageis important since it will expand the children's social network and also give them an extra edge among other children.

working