jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Who was a worse villain and why: Saddam Hussein or Heinrich Himmler? (Himmler N

1. Missing Link profile image82
    Missing Linkposted 5 years ago

Who was a worse villain and why:  Saddam Hussein or Heinrich Himmler? (Himmler Nazi death camps)

I am down to two finalists per the final hub in  a series I have been working on.  The series is called the Five Most Terrible Villains of the Past 100 years.  1-4 is complete and Hussein and/or Himmler will be # 5.  Perhaps they could be co worst villain # 5.  Thank you!

2. Alastar Packer profile image84
    Alastar Packerposted 5 years ago

Hussein was man who wanted to be a world VIP no matter who. Supposedly the dictator once remarked he would've become a religious figure to achieve that goal if it had been necessary. Himmler was the willful overseer of a state organization with mass murder genocide on a planetary scale as one of its main directives, largely carried out in Europe. Both complex and terrible individuals but i'd say the worst was Heinrich H.

Missing Linkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Alastar!  Voted up!

3. ata1515 profile image97
    ata1515posted 5 years ago

I'd have to give it to Himmler. Himmler was outright evil throughout his life and carried out the Final Solution with glee.

Saddam Hussein was a villain, there is no doubt of that, but early in his career it appears he was doing what he thought best for his country. Hussein suffered a series of real revolutions, not imaginary rebellions. People tried to assassinate him, and he was betrayed by foreign nations in their push for power. This all combined to destroy Hussein and make him the terrifying dictator he was. This does not absolve him, nor make his actions reasonable, it simply says that circumstances created a villain that might not have been.

Missing Linkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks ata1515, Excellent answer--voted up!

working