jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (29 posts)

If you took a class for fun what class would you select?

1. starstream profile image76
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

If you took a class for fun what class would you select?

2. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I want to learn how to bake. I'm just not good at it. I'd also like to learn Spanish.

3. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I would like to take a conversational Spanish class.  I took a trip to Mexico to visit my son working there.  I was frustrated by how poorly I could communicate with the locals.  I like to travel and would like to communicate in the language of the locals and not expect them to speak English.
    Also fitting in well with traveling would be a photography class.

starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes Spanish would be a good choice for your travels.

4. TheLifeExperiment profile image57
    TheLifeExperimentposted 5 years ago

I think it would be really fun to do a cake decorating class. I bake birthday cakes for a bunch of family members every year, and I'd really like to practice making them look cooler smile

Cake decorating is a great class to take. You can share with so many friends and family your talent and tasty treats too.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I took geology, calligraphy, creative writing, psychology, and development. It turns out I adore all of them even more after taking the classes. Now I would take classes on architecture, one of my passions.

It is amazing how these choices you made opened your mind to more interests. Thanks for your answer.

2. Efficient Admin profile image91
      Efficient Adminposted 5 years agoin reply to this

These classes sound like a lot of fun and very interesting.  I always wanted to take a calligraphy class, but unfortunately in my area it is not offered (so far).

3. lburmaster profile image83
      lburmasterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Have you tried Michaels? They often have a great variety of classes and it is where I get my calligraphy pens.

6. talfonso profile image82
    talfonsoposted 5 years ago

Ballet - gosh, I had great childhood memories dancing it. Also, I'm sure to look great in a leotard and tights (and shorts over it if desired, because that's pretty much the trend in dancewear, but I prefer the two alone with soft shoes). Besides getting in touch with childhood, I desire to get a sleek, toned body.

Yes! We all could benefit from those reasons to get in touch with our childhood memories.

7. Lin02 profile image54
    Lin02posted 5 years ago

I would take chemistry class. I love to make some gases by dissolving some chemicals.

8. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I think I would select a graduate-level psychology class; one that focuses on forensic psychology. I would not select under-graduate level classes...

Connorj, Psychology is a very interesting field which opens doors to  new understanding.

9. Bethaleg profile image67
    Bethalegposted 5 years ago

A foreign language class. Probably Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian.

10. mvillecat profile image77
    mvillecatposted 5 years ago

Quilting. I have been sewing and quilting for about a year now but have so much more to learn.

Quilting is a beautiful craft. I hope you pursue a class to be able to complete more complicated projects soon.

2. mvillecat profile image77
      mvillecatposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks starstream. I do too!

11. Efficient Admin profile image91
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

I've taken several cooking classes over the years.  Also I don't know if you would call it a class or not, but I sign up for water aerobics twice a year and that is a lot of fun.

Sure!  Water aerobics certainly IS a class.  Thanks for your response

12. RealHousewife profile image78
    RealHousewifeposted 5 years ago

Spanish! I would love to learn to speak it and there are many spanish speakers where I live.  I also love going to Mexico so I could travel so much easier there.

I have taken a year of high school spanish.  It wasn't nearly enough to be able to communicate so I understand.

13. Film Fanatic 603 profile image60
    Film Fanatic 603posted 5 years ago

I would take a bartending class. I think for someone like me, who likes to entertain, it would be a very helpful and informative class. Sure anyone can go online and look up how to make a drink, but learning to do it properly is the biggest plus of a class like that.

1. connorj profile image75
      connorjposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would have to agree with you, when i was attending university for my undergraduate degree; myself and some friends enrolled in a Mixology class; it soon became our favorite. It was like pub-night with no operating costs. It was a wee-bit of fun...

14. nikkiraeink profile image61
    nikkiraeinkposted 5 years ago

There are too many to name. I would love to take another creative writing class, maybe even screenwriting. Anything artistic would be neat too. Maybe photography or woodshop.

I also say yes for a creative class!  Thanks for your response.

15. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

I really wish to take a course in child psychology, neuroscience and education, since when I am longing to become a student all over again. Your question made me feel nostalgic to my yearning. Thanks!

I am so glad my question touched a memory of your desired classes.

working