Life after college... What do you do when the party ends?

1. profile image50
    gFiTzposted 5 years ago

Life after college... What do you do when the party ends?

Ok.  So you got into college, got that degree, and are ready to take that giant leap into "adulthood" bright eyed (or in some of our cases, red-eyed and hungover) and hopeful.  Waiting ... Waiting ... Still Waiting ... Ok, now what?  What do you do and how do you deal with the reality of adjusting to life after college?  What happens when that coveted "all-American" dream, just doesn't happen?  Is there any relevance in the quarter-life crisis?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I graduated from college in 1992 and for about a year and a half afterwards my life stunk. I was unable to get a job in my chosen field (communications/media) so I was working at a Kmart in order to pay the bills. I had no girlfriend, no car, and no social life due to working so many odd hours. During that year and a half of working in retail I developed a drinking problem, gained about 20 pounds, and my hatred for humans in general increased about 1000 percent.

Thankfully those days are long over with!!

3. profile image72
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

The simple answer? College ends. Get a job. Of course it is not really that simple. And yes I think the quarter-life crisis has validity.