jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you handle mid-life crisis?

1. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

How do you handle mid-life crisis?

if you are at your late 20's to your late 30's and you feel like you feel like you're having issues with yourself and your life, how do you face it?

2. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

not sure really, i am 42 and never been through it. i am not a successful person by todays standards as i am disabled, but my life is full. there are times i wish i could have fulfulled my dreams, but i didnt even know what those dreams were when i was young enough to pursue them, so it wasnt really that important i guess. right now i am content with my life as i have been richly blessed in so many ways. i am filled with peace and joy. all thanks to GOD.

1. Super Lux profile image60
      Super Luxposted 5 years agoin reply to this

you are an inspiration timcgaa70.  i guess it's really about being grateful for what you have than complain on what you don't. thank you. you're a blessing.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

Life is a personal journey and I personally do not believe in the term "midlife crisis". I do however believe in a "midlife awaking". Perception is reality. The truth is, no matter who you are if you can do basic math at some point you will realize you have more years of living behind you than you do in front of you. It's natural to start considering what you want to do with your remaining "active" years. Whether or not you have always wanted to travel to exotic destinations, write a book, own a particular car, or switch to career you actually "enjoy" rather than working for simply an income the choice is up to you. Many of the things we always wanted we either could not afford when were younger or did not value our time. George Bernard Shaw once said, "Youth is wasted on the young". Awhile back I wrote a hub on this subject. Bottom line is it's your life and you have every right to live the way you want to.http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/makethemostoutoflife

4. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I'm 50 now and I don't think I've gone through a mid-life crisis. But at any age you can go through a life-crisis. It's a case of taking a very hard look at all aspects of your life - your relationships, job, self-image, goals, dreams etc. and asking yourself if where you are now is really what you want? If not, then you have to take steps to re-route your life onto the path that you want to take. This usually means taking one issue at a time - and this is normally the best way. The main issue to deal with first is yourself - what do you feel needs to change or could be improved for the better? Often when we start work on our selves, the rest of our life becomes so much better with little effort. It's also a case of, if you are used to pleasing other people all the time, then you need to start doing things just for you.