jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Have you ever noticed how true many of your parents' sayings were true as you go

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Have you ever noticed how true many of your parents' sayings were true as you got older?

When one is younger, one often discount his/her parents' statements as mere musings and [postulations.  However, as one become older, he/she realizes that by everyday living and by keen observations of the human condition, that many of the statements one's parents made are indeed TRUE!

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image93
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 5 years ago

After supporting myself for over 30 years, I have found not a single one of the sayings I heard to be true.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

Well not really, but there is one that has proven its worth:

'If you're not hungry enough to eat an apple, you're not hungry!'

If people followed that, health problems would be slashed right down.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure about sayings, but I did notice that the adults in my life seemed to get much wiser as I got older!  As a teen I thought the things they spouted were so silly and so overstated.

Then I became and adult, and had children and realized - gee they weren't so stupid after all.

5. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 5 years ago

I have yet to find out where my parents had to walk for miles in the sleet and snow to get to their destination. I tried that one...but my children laughed at me..lol

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, And I wish we would have listened. Now I try to tell other youngsters the same, But I suppose you must live and learn.

7. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Of course. They lived longer than me at the time and had more experience.

8. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

Some of my parent's sayings are based on their life experiences and i experience similar things, so yes.

9. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i'm one of those people who can honestly say no. i was told as a child that i would be a drain on society, that i would be in jail for my life or dead before i was over 25. it actually helped me because it made me more determined to be something good and it also made me a lot stronger.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What you have said is interesting.   Please write a hub detailing your experiences and how you overcome such and to be successful person you are today!   That would be greatly appreciated, thank yoy ever so kindly!