jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you celebrate Teacher's Day in your country?

1. sriparna profile image81
    sriparnaposted 5 years ago

Do you celebrate Teacher's Day in your country?

In India, we celebrate Teacher's Day on 5th September. How about in your country? Wish you a Very Happy Teacher's Day to all the educators!

2. chubred profile image62
    chubredposted 5 years ago

Thank you so much! I hope you have a Very Wonderful Teachers Day also.

In answer to your question, do we celebrate Teachers Day? Yes. The "National Education Association" in the US celebrated National Teachers Day on May 8th this year. On this day thousands of communities take the time to honor their local educators and acknowledge the important role they play. You can go to their website to see more about how they do this by visiting,  http://www.nea.org/grants/1359.htm

We also observe Teacher Appreciation Week which would have been May 7-11 so that National Teacher Day falls in the middle of it. This is a weeklong celebration, observed by the giving of Teacher Gifts, Awards, and Recognition and in some schools choosing a Teacher of the Day or year.

I understand the UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization), also celebrates a "World Teacher Day". This is celebrated annually on October 5th and has been since 1994. You can learn more about this event at http://www.5oct.org

I hope this answers your question and hope you have a wonderful day!

1. sriparna profile image81
      sriparnaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much, I have got a lot of new information from your answer!

3. profile image0
    danielabramposted 5 years ago

I have never heard of Teacher's Day in the United States.

1. MarieAlana1 profile image71
      MarieAlana1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Teacher's Day is what it is called in some other countries. In the United States we have Teacher Appreciation Day. This is the day where you help your child show appreciation to their teacher by doing something nice for him or her. or presents!

4. ezeconomics profile image69
    ezeconomicsposted 5 years ago

Yes! But it is called "Salam Teacher" Day in Pakistan rather  than saying "Teacher's Day"

5. FigureCompetition profile image74
    FigureCompetitionposted 5 years ago

Teacher's day is not typically celebrated in the UK.  Children will traditionally buy their teacher a present either at the end of the year and perhaps at Christmas.  I had never heard of this day before seeing your question.  It is a nice idea to celebrate the contributions that teachers make to society.

6. Rosyel Sawali profile image68
    Rosyel Sawaliposted 5 years ago

Yes we celebrate it this month to coincide with Confucius's birthday.. Sept. 28th.. that's for the Filipino-Chinese community here in Manila ^_^