This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is used to quickly and efficiently deliver files such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisements has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment buildin

1. Seckin Esen profile image91
    Seckin Esenposted 5 years ago

Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building? Why?

2. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

If the payments were the same? Traditional house. There would be a lawn, a portch swing, a homely driveway, etc.

Seckin Esenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the answer Iburmaster.

3. Goody5 profile image65
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

A traditional house is for me, because it offers a little bit more in the way of privacy.

Thank you for your answer Goody5.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have lived in a traditional house for years, but I would like to try living in a modern apartment for a short time.  I love the idea of the urban life style. I have been stuck in rural areas for a lot of years and miss the activity of the city.

Thank you for your answer duffsmom.

5. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

I live presently in an apartment in Amsterdam - always dreamed of a cottage in France... Trouble is I also dream of a houseboat on the canals here, or a roomy loft overlooking those canals, or a penthouse apartment high over a city with grand views over the skylines. And I would be happy in a wooden shack on a beach somewhere tropical, or a villa in the desert...
    I like to live high when I'm in a city for the light and the views and the privacy (especially if I have access to a roof garden), but a traditional house feels more solid and protected, and you don't have neighbours under, over, left and right of you meaning you have to tread quietly or play piano quietly, or do anything quietly for fear of annoying others.
    Every type of housing has advantages and disadvantages. I can't say I have a favorite. I want to experience all types of living in all types of locations, and luckily for me I don't need to put my roots down permanently anywhere yet. Probably only do that when I find the perfect place.
    Next year my home will be a camperbus - so that's going to be interesting too.

Thank you so much for your answer Moesky.

6. elenagarcia profile image75
    elenagarciaposted 5 years ago

I would prefer the apartment.  I grew up in a traditional home, and sadly, I currently live in one myself.  This means that I have the yard to care for, the property taxes to pay, and the maintanence.  So I guess you could say that my primary reason for choosing an apartment over a house is laziness.

I've always dreamed of living in a not too fancy-dancy but nice apartment, preferrably in NYC (because I also dream of becoming a successful writer).  I did live in an apartment for a bit, and I enjoyed it very much. 

Keeping up with an apartment is not as in depth as keeping up with a house.  One, there is no yard, therefore, no yard work.  Two, the area is more compact.  Cleaning and straightening up takes less time.  What takes me several hours to straingten up and clean in my house only took me about one or two in my apartment.

Maintenance is a tad easier as well.  If something goes wrong, you call the super.  I didn't have to pay out of pocket to fix things at my apartment.  Yes, I had to wait for the super to finally make it to over my way, but it was still better than having to deal with it myself. 

A big plus is that there are no property taxes.  I, along with many other homeoweners, detest having to pay property taxes.  They never stop going up.  Any beautifications or additions you make to your property is just an excuse for the taxes to be raised even more.  I often wonder, daydream, about the things I could do with the money I spend on property taxes.

Those are just my top three reasons.  I enjoy the feel of an apartment, for lack of a better way to put it.  It feels more independant.  For me, an apartment feels like less of a commitment than a house.  A house is a very big commitment.  It's a huge long term responsibility whereas an apartment, though it does require a lease agreement, can be short term or long term, not lifelong if not so desired.  That's just how I see it.  Hmmmm, maybe my reasoning has a more deep rooted issue behind it.

As for privacy, I've always been a rather quiet person.  I enjoy a quiet life.  As for rowdy neighbors, I've always been an understanding person with a high tolerance for things.  I don't let things get to me.  I'm a single mom so in living with my little one, I have learned the skill of tuning things out in order to concentrate. 

Now, if I were to meet someone who would prefer to live in a house as a couple rather than an apartment, I would not be completely opposed to the idea, but he would have to be pretty darn special for me to compromise for.

Thank you so much for your nice answer elenagarcia.

working