jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there one thing that has been invented since you landed on the planet that yo

1. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

Is there one thing that has been invented since you landed on the planet that you think is #1?

Think of just one innovative creatiion or invention has been most important to you---which would that be and why that particular one?

2. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

Personal computers and the internet. I remember when computer filled up entire rooms and nobody thought there would be computers in the home, much less the type you could carry around with you and phones that could acces the internet.

My first PC did not have a hard drive and had to be booted from 5.25 inch floppy disks every time I turned it on. Any work I did had to be saved to floppy disks as well My first hard drive was only tiny by coparison, only enough to hold the essential applications programs. Still saved to floppies. And there was no internet yet.

When the internet came along, there wasn't much at first, But it has made finding information and sending information so much easier, and cheaper than mailing manuscripts to publisher.

3. cprice75 profile image89
    cprice75posted 5 years ago

It would definitely be the interwebs. It allows people all sorts of unique ways to earn income that would not have been available to them 20 or 30 years ago.

4. workingmomwm profile image85
    workingmomwmposted 5 years ago

I didn't land on the planet. I was born into it. :-)