jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best natural way to prevent dehydration ?

1. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

What is the best natural way to prevent dehydration ?

Young boy of 12 years and my son gets dehydrated very often. Any suggestion?

2. profile image51
    devendrachouhanposted 5 years ago

the best natural way to prevent dehydration is boil some drinking water with 2-3 pinches of salt and drink that water.and daily drink 3-5 litres of R.O water.

dghbrhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for your response here.

2. profile image51
      devendrachouhanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

mention not.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
    Kathryn Stratfordposted 5 years ago

In addition to drinking plenty of water, it's good to consume fruits and vegetables with naturally high water content.
    Sports drinks, such as Gatorade, are also good to consume. In addition to hydrating, they replenish electrolytes. Pedialyte works, as well. I have known of adults who will use it when they are dehydrated, so even though it's geared towards little ones, it is effective for anyone (But those drinks are probably not what you mean by natural).

dghbrhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Anyways thank you for your kind response here. The vegetable and fruit thing i will prefer to go with. Have a nice day ahead.

4. VanillaBull profile image65
    VanillaBullposted 5 years ago

It's not good to drink more water than you need because this can cause electrolytes to dilute. Keeping hydrated is a balancing act. It's best to drink water when you are thirsty. Besides drinking sports drinks coconut water also has hydrating benefits and there are electrolyte replacing drinks you can buy from the chemist.

Coffee is dehydrating so if you drink coffee or other caffeinated drinks you will need to hydrate more. I also agree that eating lots of vegetables and fruits can help with dehydration. Aiming to eat 5 vegetables a day is good for you I believe, when I do eat more vegetables my skin appears less dry and more hydrated.

Of course there are various reasons a person may be dehydrated easily. A couple that come to mind are; anxiety that causes a person to urinate more often, and a condition called water diabetes.

As usual it's probably better to be safe than sorry and see a doctor.

5. howtobeasuccess profile image73
    howtobeasuccessposted 5 years ago

Drinking 8 glasses of water would be enough...If this does not help, i guess its better to see a professional to check them.. Its always best to consider asking the experts.

working