jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What's the best natural remedy for indigestion?

1. rfox21 profile image76
    rfox21posted 5 years ago

What's the best natural remedy for indigestion?

2. createmyeconomy profile image74
    createmyeconomyposted 5 years ago

Digestive enzymes before every meal & probiotics in the am

3. Leaderofmany profile image60
    Leaderofmanyposted 5 years ago

peppermint and ginger work well to aide in digestion

1. ratnaveera profile image70
      ratnaveeraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Good answer from Leaderofmany. I think peppermint and ginger will work well to cure indigestion. But, we should be very careful about the amount of ginger to be added.

4. rdown profile image75
    rdownposted 5 years ago

Try boiling 1 bay leaf with a mug-ful of water.  Add a bit of sugar to taste.  Boil for 5-8 minutes.  Remove bay leaft and sip.

5. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Aloe Vera pills really helps my kids to heal and prevent indigestion. It somehow able to work the bowel and allow it to pass out smoothly.

Taking one pill daily helps to prevent it from happening. That is what my kids are taking as they tend to have indigestion quite often in the past.

6. DeanCash profile image60
    DeanCashposted 5 years ago

Always eat fresh water base fruits. Eat slow. Don't feed your mouth more than it could swallow. Don't over eat. Avoid the midnight snacks.

7. rmcleve profile image81
    rmcleveposted 5 years ago

I drink ginger tea (sometimes several bags of it steeped at once for an intense experience). It settles the stomach.

Also, if indigestion becomes a regular program, it is crucial to modify what you eat and when. I try to eat fewer and fewer fatty foods and I hope to stop eating within 3 hours of bedtime.

8. cloverleaffarm profile image65
    cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago

It would depend on what is causing the indigestion. If it is an ulcer, or other gastric issue, peppermint and ginger may cause more problems.
    If it is from what you eat, you will need to change dietary habits.
    Slippery Elm Bark powder is the best instant, natural remedy for indigestion. It coats and soothes all the way down with it's mucilaginous content. You can sip it as a tea, or buy lozenges. The lozenges are usually sold in the cold and flu isle, as it is also good for colds.

9. raquelpier profile image74
    raquelpierposted 5 years ago

Papaya caplets/pills did wonders for me when I was suffering from horrible bouts of indigestion while pregnant! Also, fresh watermelon after a heavy meal was a huge help! Baking soda with water works but I never could stomach it! smile Hope you find relief any which way!

10. ii3rittles profile image84
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

I use lemon water. Squeeze half a lemon in a small glass of cold water and sip it over the course of 10 minutes. Limes work as well, but more people find relief from lemon.