Can you prove what is reality and what is just a lucid dream?

1. moneyfairy profile image73
    moneyfairyposted 5 years ago

Can you prove what is reality and what is just a lucid dream?

Many people have lucid dreams where they feel as if they are in reality. So at what point does the brain truly know what is real and what is imagined? Is there a certainty or absoulute proof of reality or could we all just be living in a dream?

2. Amber Vyn profile image61
    Amber Vynposted 5 years ago

You're absolutely right: There's no way to ever be 100% certain that we're not dreaming. Most lucid dreamers use a dream sign to signal that they're dreaming and, therefore, become lucid within the dream. Mine is a Euro from Greece. In real life, the coin never changes. In my dreams, sometimes the owl on the coin winks at me. Sometimes the image on the coin is completely different from the real life image. 

Dreams are experienced as real. So, a 'normal' dream is one where you experience the dream world as reality. A lucid dream is one where you realize that you're in the dream state. Many oneironauts use the lucid state to benefit their real lives (practice a skill, work through emotions, etc.). Personally, I prefer to go along with the dream and have a little adventure.

1. moneyfairy profile image73
      moneyfairyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer Amber Vyn and I agree with you about going on a little adventure in your dream. And that Euro from Greece is very interesting that it winks at you smile Wow! Do you dream alot and remember them?

working