jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Is anyone following the Zimmerman trial?

1. Borsia profile image44
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Is anyone following the Zimmerman trial?

If it proves that 1/2 or more of what the defense said in opening hold up could you convict him of anything beyond involuntary manslaughter?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

No, I have not had time to follow it. It is just a media circus now anyway. People have forgotten about the victim, unfortunately.

3. dashingscorpio profile image85
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I have not been following it all that closely. I suspect he will be going to jail simply for the fact that the 911 police operator instructed him not to follow the teen.
    Had he obeyed that instruction no one would have died that night. Odds are he if he had not had a gun on him he probably would not have followed the kid either.

1. Borsia profile image44
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually the 911 operator implied that he should keep the police informed about where Martin went and by what route. Its all in how you interpret what was said.

2. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Police tell neighborhood watch groups (not) to engage with suspects. "Are you following him?" the dispatcher asked. Zimmerman replied: "Yep." "Okay, we don't need you to do that," the dispatcher. That doesn't leave a lot of doubt in my opinion.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

This case is so racially charged that it's hard to see how any of them will come to a fact-based decision.

working