What are at least 10 benefits of prolonged adolescence and delayed adulthood tha

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are at least 10 benefits of prolonged adolescence and delayed adulthood that is the current

phenomena among young people in our postmodern culture?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8163115_f260.jpg

2. DreamerMeg profile image89
    DreamerMegposted 4 years ago

More time to study
    less time to procreate
    get better job, earn more money
    more time to play and therefore buy "toys" created by others (benefits economy)
    more dependent on parents for longer, thus supported and time to be creative
    less need for separate housing until later
    more time for brain to mature and become less impulsive, leading to better decision making when finally keeping self.
    more time for body to mature without hard physical work and so healthier (provided not eating junk food).
    More emotional support provided by parents so more emotionally healthy

3. jjackson786 profile image96
    jjackson786posted 4 years ago

1. More time to fully immerse themselves in study and education;
    2. More time to learn what is necessary to maintain independence and financial stability;
    3. More mature ability to comprehend economical concepts such as financial aid, subsidized vs. unsubsidized loans, interest rates, mortgages, and many others;
    4. More time to establish a savings account;
    5. More time to become more qualified for above-entry level positions within the workforce (i.e. community service, volunteering, participating in community events);
    6. More time to learn about what is required by the average American citizen (i.e. healthcare, wages, paying taxes based on income, etc.);
    7. More time to establish a social safety network amongst family, friends, and possible employers;
    8. More time to learn about the world, fully mature the ability to understand social cues, and how to keep one safe (i.e. contraception, relationships, friendships);
    9. More time to learn how to fully utilize community resources (i.e. public transportation, education grants, welfare and unemployment);
    10. More time to just be a kid.

working