What do I do if I am falsely accused of child abuse??

  1. profile image52
    punkinpie78posted 4 years ago

    What do I do if I am falsely accused of child abuse??

    My son lives in a group home. One of the staff noticed bruises he said looked like finger prints and turned it into dhs. DHS has talked to both my son and I. I told dhs that I had saw the bruises and asked him where he got them. at first he said he hit something. Then he changed his story and said he didn't know where he got them.. Do you think I will be convicted of child abuse?? What should I do now????

  2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

    I would suggest getting a good attorney if you are falsely accused.

  3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

    If you didn't do anything and your son says you didn't do it I don't know how you could be arrested and convicted for it. There has to be an abundance of proof before that can happen - sometimes there is too much burden of proof and children that are actually abused get sent back to abusive parents over and over again. I would just try to sort out what actually happened.  When I was young I got bruises all over me all the time, not from abuse, but from being anemic. I truly couldn't tell people where bruises came from because I didn't know - I bruised all the time. Could something like that be the case with your son? You said he's in a group home - could another person there be abusing him and he's afraid to say something?