jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Could Intelligent Design be the work of an Alien race as opposed to the work of

1. Cody Hodge5 profile image61
    Cody Hodge5posted 4 years ago

Could Intelligent Design be the work of an Alien race as opposed to the work of God?

2. Drax profile image79
    Draxposted 4 years ago

this presupposes there are aliens and a god so you may wish to rephrase it... ;-)

Cody Hodge5posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I feel like most people believe in the concept of God if not God himself. However, do the assumptions necessarily keep people from answering? I'd hate to squelch what could be a good conversation.

2. Drax profile image79
      Draxposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes I believe assumptions inherent in the question adversely impact on answers.. it is a very interesting & excellent question philosophically so for example if one substituted  'of god' for 'of a god' that immediately opens up the question..

3. Cody Hodge5 profile image61

Alright.....is there any way to edit a question title or do I have to close this one and create a new question?

3. Dantex460 profile image59
    Dantex460posted 4 years ago

It could be super intelligent aliens who created us using evolution, or tricking us into thinking it was evolution.
    A god from one of the common religions would seem a bit insane though i think.
    Truth is we just cannot really know for sure without some form of evidence, which we may find out tomorrow or maybe never.

I don't know about insane....but I feel like some other civilization or just plain old nature is the reason for why we evolved the way we did.

4. whonunuwho profile image77
    whonunuwhoposted 4 years ago

Perhaps alien races are responsible for many genetically developed species...yet, some entity was responsible for creating them and their forefathers eons in the past.The creator, our God, as we all Him, is a factual entity and the concept of the life force began with the initial creation of all that we are now aware of and much we are not! If you will investigate, a design is the work of an intelligence, and something had to give this gift to the recipient.

I can't argue that a design is the result of a creator.....on the other hand, not all designs require a high level of intelligence. For example, there is a huge difference between making the Mona Lisa and randomly throwing paint on a piece of paper

5. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 4 years ago

There really is no evidence for or of "intelligent design" of any kind.

The human mind is baffled by the nature of the universe in its randomness and its vastness, and as such, works to find order and limits; order and limits which make comprehension of the universe possible.

We have no evidence for the existence of any god---as conjured in our collective imaginations over millennia and no evidence of any alien life manipulating our human life---no evidence of any "extra-terrestrial" designers and puppeteers.

As we learn more and more about the nature of our universe and as we evolve to higher and higher levels of intelligence I suspect we will let go of the superstitions that lead us to create divinities and meddling aliens to explain that which is, at least at present, inexplicable to us.

working