If you are in the military and you won $400,000,000.00 would you stay in the mil

1. wisdom25 profile image76
    wisdom25posted 4 years ago

If you are in the military and you won $400,000,000.00 would you stay in the military?

I really want to know if you are in the military and you won $400,000,000.00 in the Powerball, would you stay in the military for 20 years and take the retirement money or would you get out the military and try to invest?

2. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Is this an actual case?
    $400,000,000. This is probably the equivalent of a multi-rollover on the Euro Millions draw, around £250 million. 'Squaddies', as soldiers are called here, don't get much when they leave the Army here. I don't think you'd get many who'd stay in after the time they signed for, especially with the added 'attraction' of Afghanistan. 
    Officers here tend to come from a different background, usually from families with 'old money' (going back to the Conquest or whatever). I don't think they'd play anything like Powerball or the Lottery (we've got several competing prize draws aside from Euro Millions).
    You wouldn't see me for dust (you nomally have to buy yourself out of the British forces, but I don't think it applies at the moment)!

working