jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you learn more in school or in life making life experiences out of educationa

1. HeatherH104 profile image83
    HeatherH104posted 4 years ago

Do you learn more in school or in life making life experiences out of educational goals?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8420182_f260.jpg

2. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I have attended several colleges and studied several subjects.  I have to say, that the most I ever learned was doing the work and gaining experience.  Most of the text book stuff I learned didn't apply with a few exceptions.  But, I would not suggest skipping college.  It is still very important.  (Just in case someone is reading this and thinks I mean to just skip it.)  big_smile

HeatherH104posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Life/work experiences have been most valuable.

3. myefforts profile image81
    myeffortsposted 4 years ago

I think we learn at both places. At school, the scope is limited to our course outline but in real life, we can see and learn anything.

Nice answer! I believe you learn to think for yourself in world outside school. Some stuff you learn in school is not bias, but many thinks you have to learn (and often agree) with teachers view.

4. Wacky Mummy profile image59
    Wacky Mummyposted 4 years ago

I wholeheartedly agree, which is why we home educate our son smile if he wants to go to school at any point he can, but right now this is what works for us. Love that quote smile

Awesome! You are doing a great thing for your son. smile

working