jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

How to stay motivated in this scenario?

1. shahkar-khan profile image59
    shahkar-khanposted 4 years ago

How to stay motivated in this scenario?

I have made a plan for my studies starting from 20th December, 2013 right up til 31st May, 2016.
    It will require me to study 3 pages of 3 subjects daily plus 3 classes on an additional subject. This means that I will just be studying 12 pages daily which is easy if you are consistent.

But I am sure there will be days when I will not  be feeling well and there will still be some other days when I will be feeling bored. So how should I stay motivated through out the next 3.5 years and keep on working
    If I succeeded I will end up having CA degree (together will a CMA degree which I already have)

2. Sri T profile image79
    Sri Tposted 4 years ago

There is a easier way called sleep learning. You study the material while you are awake. Then you record it, and play the recording on "repeat" on a device while you sleep. The subconscious mind will hear the material while you sleep. Then you review the material again when you awaken. Since the goal is memory, this method is highly effective. Unless the material is firmly planted in the memory, the subconscious, it cannot be recalled when needed. Actors have used this method for long movie scripts.

1. profile image0
      CalebSparksposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting method, Sri T...could you provide a link to more information about this method?

2. shahkar-khan profile image59
      shahkar-khanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for you interesting idea Sir T. I recently watched a documentary on National Geographic about sleep learning method. I will inshALLAH try to arrange an external hard drive and try this method.

3. Sri T profile image79
      Sri Tposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You're welcome. I create my own. A similar product. http://www.sleeplearning.com/

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Doing anything consistently has its challenges.  I studied psychology when I went back to college for a third round of schooling.  It wasn't easy.  I never even finished that degree.  Prior to that I studied journalism and law.

When I studied journalism, I found it fascinating and fun.  That kept me from becoming bored.  I loved it. 
    When I studied law, I didn't like the reading.  It was very dry at times and hard to stay awake and focused.  I had one course that took me on mock crime scenes.  I found that fun, so it kept me going.
    When I enrolled for a third time, I had to study psychology and it wasn't my interest.  I ended up not finishing and just staying with what I had previously studied.

The bottom line for me was focusing on the end goal.  I knew what I wanted to do and what I wanted to be.  I would do anything to get it, and that's what kept me alert and awake through the boring stuff.  Good luck to you.

1. shahkar-khan profile image59
      shahkar-khanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for your comment craftytothecore.
      And i also read your hub about "tips for tackling your day with focus and strategy". I also considered that hub very useful.

thanks again.