jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How can you stay motivated to excercise?

1. beach24 profile image59
    beach24posted 7 years ago

How can you stay motivated to excercise?

2. jessicaspeake profile image59
    jessicaspeakeposted 7 years ago

Focus on the prize smile [Whatever your ultimate goal is: whether it be modeling, your children, etc]

Use sticky notes if you have to [put them everywhere], journals, a diary.  Make realistic goals and follow through.  If you have to mark your daily goals on a calendar and check them off one by one as you complete them, do that.

And remind yourself that every time you don't follow through you are only cheating yourself out of the good, healthy life that you deserve smile

3. estranged911 profile image66
    estranged911posted 7 years ago

My idea is to keep visiting exotic beaches. Looking at people with the perfect figure makes me resent the flabs I have on me and it motivates me to shed a whole lot of pounds. The more I visit, the more I'm motivated. The more I'm motivated, the more calories I loose. The more calories I loose, the more I can control my diet. (because i know how much hours of running is required to burn a small pack of fries!)

4. lanealanea profile image60
    lanealaneaposted 7 years ago

Start exercising and you will find yourself more and more motivated to exercise because its a positive activity that can give you a ton of energy. The hardest times are the times when we quit exercising. Hope this helps some. Lanea

5. solar.power profile image55
    solar.powerposted 7 years ago

If you had the answer to this you would be a very rich person. my diets which incorporate exercise fail because they dont last! People fall bacfk into their same routines

6. Ted Gerner profile image59
    Ted Gernerposted 7 years ago

Take a picture of yourself.
    Then go online and find a body picture of your dreams.
    Print these pictures and stick them side to side to your bathroom mirror, or fridge door, or both.
    Realize that only improving your exercise and nutrition habits will get you from first picture to second one.

7. BrainSpace profile image60
    BrainSpaceposted 7 years ago

I find that watching the "fit tv" channel keeps me motivated. When I see them working out, it makes me want to work out. They make it look fun.

8. fucsia profile image59
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

More exercise you do and more you will  be motivated to do it. The well being that with sport you get  automatically increase your motivation

9. AOkay12 profile image77
    AOkay12posted 7 years ago

I think that reading online forums and  blogs, which discuss the subject of exercise and fitness really helps.  It is useful to participate with other members by expressing and sharing ideas.

10. soconfident profile image84
    soconfidentposted 6 years ago

Once you start to feel the burn of tightness of muscle. When see results that will always keep you motivated knowing that its working