jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Have there been any modern dinosaur sightings in America?

1. daydreamer13 profile image59
    daydreamer13posted 4 years ago

Have there been any modern dinosaur sightings in America?

I recently read an article about people claiming to have seen dinosaurs in different parts of the world. I noticed though that there were no sightings in America.

2. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

Well, technically birds are dinosaurs, so it's safe to say that there have been many modern dinosaur sightings all over the world.

daydreamer13posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Well , yes, and alligators and crocodiles. But anything over the normal size expected to see is what I was wondering about.

3. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Cryptids, including dinosaurs, appear to live in very rural areas where there are very few people. The United States just doesn't have very many areas of untouched wilderness  - most of what it does have now was logging territory 50-100 years ago, so although it's recovered it's not ancient or untouched, which would likely be needed to conceal such a large animal. That being said I live in New England where there are sightings of Champ, the Lake Champlain monster (the American version of the Loch Ness Monster) and there are stories about sea monsters off the coast going back since the first settlements. Its no Mokele mbembe but these are fairly dinosaur-like.

daydreamer13posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.

working