jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Undiscovered dinosaurs?

1. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Undiscovered dinosaurs?

How probable is it that one or more species of dinsoaur may have survived the asteroid 65 million years ago and be present today - for example in our oceans or very remote areas?

2. graceomalley profile image84
    graceomalleyposted 7 years ago

I would vote for the ocean. Exploring the ocean is difficult, I think there must be many types of life we haven't seen yet, especially in the depths.

3. AngusNz profile image61
    AngusNzposted 7 years ago

Sorry to ruin everything but Dinosaurs did not live in the Oceans, there were ocean going reptiles but no dinosaurs in the air or sea. All dinosaur survivers would of and have evolved, many species of birds can claim ascendancy from dinosaur species. So in effect some did survice as newly evolved species.

4. lee custodio profile image84
    lee custodioposted 6 years ago

First of all, there are many theories about the extinction of dinosaur and other mega fauna
    you might want to read more:

second, i think, there are mega faunas that survived, one of which i believe is the Komodo Dragon that can be found in Indonesia

5. ChrisIndellicati profile image80
    ChrisIndellicatiposted 6 years ago

There are stories about a creature in Africa called Mokèlé-mbèmbé which translates to,"one who stops the flow of rivers." They are said to live in the remote parts of the Congo River Basin and resemble large sauropod dinosaurs. These stories have even prompted expeditions, and an inspired movie, Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend.