jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I have a friend who woke up twice with three scratches. I've read forums about h

1. Jacob Hogan profile image54
    Jacob Hoganposted 4 years ago

I have a friend who woke up twice with three scratches. I've read forums about how they are demonic

Is there a reasonable explanation for these scratches or are demons after my friend and his family

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

That's one explanation and one I believe can be the answer in some cases. Yet the answer could also be that he scratched himself in his sleep. Believe it or not, you can do that and not even know you did until you wake up. I've done it myself.

3. profile image0
    dragonflycolorposted 4 years ago

I think YOU did it in your sleep as a retaliation for something he did to you.  Just admit and you will feel better!

4. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I would strongly recommend ruling out all other possible causes before considering the worst-possible scenarios. To assume demonic influence when none are there is often, according to demonic lore, taken as an invitation for demons to visit. So look at all rational, earthly possibilities first.  In most cases, a person or their pet is the unintentional culprit. I once woke up to find bloody scratches on my thigh; but it was apparent (by the blood under my nails) I had accidentally done it to myself during sleep. Years later a very old cat of mine crawled on top of me for warmth and her balance was already compromised. So when she started to slip off she clawed at the covers to retain her balance. You may wish to suggest your friend trims his or her fingernails and those of his or her pets.

5. Kiwi Max profile image69
    Kiwi Maxposted 4 years ago

Sounds like an interesting plot for a novel...

Back to your question however...it is quite possible for him to do this to himself while he was asleep & not aware of it when he woke up.

If the scratches become more frequent & severe, then I would be worried