jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

If a friend of yours betrays you twice, and also did it the third time.

1. awoluz damola profile image42
    awoluz damolaposted 2 years ago

If a friend of yours betrays you twice, and also did it the third time.

Will you continue your friendship with that person, Will you still trust the fellow

2. vipinbehari profile image61
    vipinbehariposted 2 years ago

I will listen to what my heart says. Mind has problem with betrayals, heart loves unconditionally.

3. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

If a friend betrays me twice and also do it the third time, then I will not trust her anymore and I might forget her or him as a friend of mine. I am a forgiving person but I don't want to be taken advantage off.

4. Penny G profile image73
    Penny Gposted 2 years ago

I will forgive, but not forget. I will not associate with this person, however if they were to call in need I would help if I could. I can care about someone from a distance that will not change but I will not continue to suffer at their hands.

5. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I believe that we set ourselves up for how we are treated by others.  If we allow someone to continue to abuse our trust - they will continue to do it.  There is a need to have strong boundaries with other people and it's perfectly acceptable to walk away from someone who has violated your trust 3 times.  There's the saying "three strikes and you're out"... I think it applies very well to a "friendship" where this is happening.  Someone who habitually lies certainly isn't much of a friend and I would make an effort to seek genuine friendships elsewhere with healthier, more reliable people.

1. awoluz damola profile image42
      awoluz damolaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nice comment...

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It really depends on what level of "betrayal" we're talking about.
    If it's about a person not being able to "keep a secret" then it's on me to remember not to share things with them that I want kept private.
    On the other hand if it's an "intentional act" done to (hurt me) that would end our "friendship". As the old adage goes:
    "With friends like these who needs enemies?"

7. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Bolaji.......I have to believe you're serious, although I can't imagine being at all confused about this.
    Continue a friendship with someone who betrayed me 3 times??   Not a friggan chance!!   Why not just slam your head in the car door and then lay down under the tires and let the driver run over you?/!   It's about the same.

"Fool me once,  Shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on ME!"    Betray me a third time???    Who's the dummie?  Me or you??

working