Do you believe that Global Warming is just a swindle?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (30 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

Do you believe that Global Warming is just a swindle?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8609085_f260.jpg

2. micadeolu profile image49
    micadeoluposted 10 years ago

Global warming is not a swindle friend. Look everywhere around you and see! This is even a tip of the ice berg. The worse are yet to come.

1. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Say say it is but some say its not. According to some scientist what is happening today had already happened before and it was just the alteration of climate.

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Core samples from the Arctic have proved there have been significant temperature changes over the centuries. We know the earth revolves around the sun. Is the whole solar system moving? I do not know, but such a variable could affect the climate.

3. profile image0
    Lizam1posted 10 years ago

Absolutely not - the scientific evidence is here for all to see.  What is a swindle are the leaders and nay sayers trying to sweep the facts under the carpet.

1. profile image0

You have the point but some say it's just a propaganda for "Money Making purposes"

2. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's true that any policy pushed by a corporatocracy invovles profit. Perhaps a way to withhold funding developing countries and being self-righteous about it via rationalization and denial that USA is the #1 contributor!

3. profile image0

If you accept that corporations are causing global warming for self-rightious reasons, want these so-called self-righious suffer the same problems. When extremist debate, a conclusion cannot be reached. Ptosis--should corps. not be profitable?

4. JRScarbrough profile image74
    JRScarbroughposted 10 years ago

Yes. It is unproven and used to get the “green” industry going by passing laws and such to encourage reward from government for being more “green” in every day life. There is absolutely no evidence whatever of anything such as global warming. Al Gore and certain other politicians were heavily invested in green products and pushed this scam to line their pockets. That’s all it is or ever has been, bogus science that has now come out as such.

1. profile image0
      Lizam1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh my goodness, how very sad that you choose to ignore actual scientific research and the reality that is showing up within habitats.

2. JRScarbrough profile image74
      JRScarbroughposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What research? What’s showing up in habitats?

3. profile image0

You have the same point from the man that I have met on bubblews before and he he told me that it was just a swindle so I become curious about whats really true.

4. JRScarbrough profile image74
      JRScarbroughposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, there is no proof of anything like global warming, in fact, evince exists that the earth has cycles and nothing happening now is the first time for it. The arctic thaws, then refreezes. Temps raise and fall. Nothing new happening.

5. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ken, you really should read some serious science about it. The book I recommended is excellent. My brother is a professor, and he recommends it because he knows what is serious scholarship and what is not. JR has the right idea!

6. profile image0

The key to this issue is for people to read material from both sides because both sides have some valid points and both sides are putting out some trash. Companies selling windmills and solar panels will blame oil and gas for all ills--its not.

5. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 10 years ago

Yes, for the most part. If you are truly serious about discovering why, please read Climate: The Counter-Consensus - A Palaeoclimatologist Speaks by Professor Robert M Carter.
    Global warming, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with merely "looking around." It has to do with serious data that meets high criteria.for scholarship. You should also know that the IPCC hand-picks their scientists and that more serious scientists who do maintain high standards for investigating data go unrecognized by the IPCC, as their findings do not meet with the vision of the United Nations. By the way, even the NASA website is funded by the IPCC.
    This post may disappear soon. Those who disagree with me usually see to it that my statements are banned.--sort of like the IPCC when dealing with scientists who beg to differ with them. (Lol) Consequently, you might want to look into the book sooner rather than later.

1. profile image0

Thank you for the recommendation. I would read that book, is there a pdf of that book online so that i could read it on my own time. You have the points and you have stated several facts

2. profile image0

Hi KenDean. The whole book is not on pdf, but here is something.
      http://www.eap-journal.com/archive/v38_i2_03_carter.pdf

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 10 years ago

I'm going to take the middle ground. I do believe there is some basis in fact to say the earth is getting warmer. On the other hand, I don't think it's as bad as they say it is and won't get to hazardous levels even if we don't change the way we live.

1. profile image0

Some issues are exaggerated and it seems it is mixed with money making motives. It's a propaganda of the government to make money.

2. profile image0

Sheilamyers, the middle ground isn't a bad stance to take. On ways to better use our money while respecting our planet, you may wish to read "Cool It," by Bjorn Lomborg. My concern is with the billions of dollars we are spending in impractical ways.

7. Diana Grant profile image90
    Diana Grantposted 10 years ago

No, I don't believe Global Warming is just a swindle.  In fact rather the opposite - I believe that global warming scepticism or downright denial is the swindle.

We have only to look around, and we see the climate change which has taken place in 2013.

1. profile image0

Yes, we can't deny the fact that our surrounding is getting warmer, and most of us experiences it.

2. Diana Grant profile image90
      Diana Grantposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Our climate is more extreme,  both warmer and colder - today's news says that USA and Canada are experiencing the coldest weather ever recorded yet in London the temperature at 12 degrees is warmer than normal but rainfall & flooding is worst eve

3. profile image0

You have to look at 100 years or data or more to draw reasonable conclusions. A single volcano eruption can have tremendous impacts on climate conditions.

8. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 10 years ago

Been down this route before. I believe in climate change with global warming being a part of that. However, I question the historical data use to base theories of global warming because the instrumentation used in 1914 is crude by today's standards and the protocols are different. Today we record temperature by the minute, instead of checking a few times a day. Next we have cover a lot of the earth with cement which reflects heat and finally, the global population has grown tremendously, which generates more heat. Many just want to blame industry. Thus, by making it a subset of climate change, we may get a more accurate picture.

1. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also believe Larry, the earth is getting hotter and hotter and things are getting worst.

9. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8629635_f260.jpg

YES! To keep USA as the top maor user of all resources so don't have to share with other countries by withholding developing funds "for the good of us all" crap.

In the 1970's the front page of TIME magazine warned about the growing mini -ice age akin to the 1500's. Global warming is a misnomer and it is not as predictable as a simple overall gradual phenomenon.

"The eccentricity of the Earth's orbit, the axial tilt, and and precession of the equinoxes are called Milankovitch Cycles and are used to calculate very long term climate changes. The current trends of the tilt and precession cycles should be making the Earth colder" - http://voices.yahoo.com/2012-maya-aztec … 52638.html

So what I think is after a very intense heating up, human population collapse that the Earth will go into a super deep Ice Age and whiplash back and forth like to each extreme until it settles down again.

But hey my theory is unsound because 2013 ranks as one of the least extreme US weather years ever. (no hurricanes!)

1. profile image0

There were plenty of hurricanes off the coast of Africa--they just never reached the U.S.  I live in Louisiana, we do not have hurricanes every year, but there are cycles when there are more hurricanes than would normally be expected.

2. profile image0
      KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow that is impressive. You have your own prediction.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)