What are the 10 points of advice would YOU give an introverted child to embrace

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

What are the 10 points of advice would YOU give an introverted child to embrace and be PROUD

of his/her introversion in spite of the negativity received from an extroverted society/culture?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8854571_f260.jpg

2. TJSMITH profile image75
    TJSMITHposted 4 years ago

The best advice I got from my parents was to be an "eagle" not an duck.  Ducks fly in flocks when the eagle flies high, on their own, proud of its uniqueness and makes its own decisions on what direction to fly.  In other words, do not go with the bad crowd to be popular with peer pressure and embrace yourself for whom who you are and don't seek validation from complete strangers.  This stir me away from drugs, booze, and other illegal activities.  Granted I am a very shy person by nature but I am myself, liking music from the 70's not today's pop charts, love ferrets, and Superman, and even though I look one big immature middle age man.  I do not listen to people to tell me to grow up.  I am who I am and make no apologies.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I'm actually reading a book on this right now called "Quiet: The power of introverts in a world that can't stop talking". There definitely is a stigma surrounding introverts that suggests they need to be 'fixed'. Yet many studies have shown introverts to be generally smarter, more creative and generate higher productivity when left alone. I would tell a young introvert to embrace their mode of thinking and to expand their knowledge when ever possible. I would also recommend that they discover an introverted pass time where they might express themselves. Being alone 'recharges' an introvert, so its important to set aside me-time every day.

working