jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

What is a fair price for a tooth?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image97
    Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years ago

What is a fair price for a tooth?

When my kids were little the Tooth Faerie paid one dollar for each tooth they lost. When I was a child, the Tooth Faerie paid a nickel for each tooth. I wonder what the value of a child's lost tooth is now?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8860571_f260.jpg

2. parwatisingari profile image60
    parwatisingariposted 4 years ago

with inflation it went up by 10% but with stem cells its 100%

Phyllis Doyleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmm ... I understand the inflation , but what doe s stem cells have to do with it? LOL

2. parwatisingari profile image60
      parwatisingariposted 4 years agoin reply to this

well, some times stem cells can be tapped from residual tissue in the primary tooth, and the stem cell guys are for ever sourcing them for research purpose, of course they are not as effecient as placental cells or menstrual one. smile

3. Phyllis Doyle profile image97

Ah ! Now I understand. I did not know they can tap teeth for research purposes like they do with stem cells. This is very interesting, parwatisingari.  Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me.

3. profile image0
    MysticMoonlightposted 4 years ago

My children get a dollar a tooth. When I was a child, we were given a quarter. We did get fifty cents once or twice. My youngest child recently told me that her best friend at school was given five dollars for one tooth!

Five dollars? My gosh, that is one valuable tooth. Thanks for your answer, MysticMoonlight.

4. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 4 years ago

I'd say two dollars. A tooth isn't worth much - it's not like it's a holiday with presents. It's just supposed to be enough to make the kid smile for a minute. A dollar isn't enough even to buy a full size candy bar in some stores though, so I'd give them two.

Thanks Amanda. I think two dollars is a fair price.

Closed to reply

working