jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does greed breed misdeeds?

1. limpet profile image61
    limpetposted 3 years ago

Does greed breed misdeeds?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think the answer is both yes and no. It depends on the person. Some greedy people who want more money, possessions, etc will simply work harder for what they want while others will lie, steal, or cheat to get whatever it is they want.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Lack can breed misdeeds as well.
    I once heard someone say: "The (lack) of money is the root of all evil."
    The reason why crime is higher in poor neighborhoods is because more people feel desperate about their circumstances. 
    Greed is usually associated with those people who have enough or more than enough to be comfortable but (mentally) they still feel what they have is "not enough". Maybe they've held onto the memories of being poor for so long that even their present reality of wealth does not offer them insurance.
    In other instances some of them see how much more others have. This drives them to sometimes do whatever it takes to catch up or surpass others. They have to be "king of the hill" or "top dog".
    Imagine being full from eating a meal but you insist on continuing to eat because food remains on the table. You don't want others to have it. In many ways I would say greed is a mental illness of sorts.

4. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

Of course. Then flip the coin and it will not occur. Perspective offers the deed being viewed. The deed as being illegal will be defined as being wicked or of ill will that is another story. Greed doesn't necessarily mean to obtain by illegal means nor by ill will.