jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What makes YOU see RED?

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes YOU see RED?

Each of us has something or a subject that creates a strong negative, even vitroilically negative reaction or response?  It can be religion, politics, abortion, poverty, inequality, or whatever.   No of us are immune from it.

2. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 3 years ago

The relentless combination of arrogance and stupidity of those who embrace the denial of science and scientific facts and evidence---particularly so-called "Creationists" and climate science deniers.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, there are some people who still believe that the world is six thousand years old.These are the people who view scientific exploration and advances as either infering with God's plan or playing God.  It's beyond sad,it's downright frightening!

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

Grace.....Love this question, but would never have the time to express many things that can make me see red.  This is one of those things, as I'm sure you are aware, occurs often to individuals who pay attention and get pulled in by witnessing the massive ignorance in the world.
    Pedophiles may well be at the very top of my list.   Yes, I'm sure of it.  Merely putting this down in print started my heart pumping.
    Rather than go on a rant, Grace, I'm sure this speaks for itself.
    You'll yield plenty of responses for this question!..........

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for stopping by and for responding.  Many will be respoinding.  This is a question that is going to garner some STRONG  responses.

2. profile image0
      mbuggiehposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think so!

4. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Parents who have large families(6 children or more), knowing that by having that number of children, the children's physical, emotional, financial, and psychological wants WON'T be met.  However, such parents know these things by keeping on reproducing nevertheless, being totally uncaring about the ramifications of their act on the children. 

If the children are impoverished, eating inferior quality food, having no health/medical care, and subsisting, such parents DON'T really give.  All they care about is having a LARGE number of children as if was a notich and if the children are collections instead of the precious children they are.  What are these "parents" thinking?!

Sadly enough children from large families believe that this is NORMAL life as that is all they know-impoverishment/squalor, being undernourished/malnourished, being unhealthy, wearing inferior clothing, and living on top of each other; however, when they observe other children, they KNOW that their existence is abnormal.  Some REALIZE this while many go into the DENIAL MODE, rationalizing their life.

5. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

Anything causing harm to children or animals. Just the utter cruelty of it. Harm is done is so many ways, sometimes the abuser thinks that cruelty is normal or justified. Whether it be mental or physical, cruelty is still cruel. All it takes to get along in the world is to be nice to people, animals and even objects. Just be nice. That's it! Such a simple concept, and yet none of us seem to be able to master it.

6. Snøwman profile image59
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

What makes me see red? Objects that emit or reflect red light interacting with the rods and cones in my eyes.

In a more figurative sense. Whenever highly immoral things are made to seem acceptable and normal.