jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

To those with siblings, did YOUR parents favor you or your siblings?

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

To those with siblings, did YOUR parents favor you or your siblings?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9018018_f260.jpg

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

As a middle child I was the odd one out in this regard. My older and younger siblings got braces for their teeth, cars, more spending money than me and college educations. I was not given braces for my teeth, a college education or a car. Even my younger sibling has cried at this fact because she knows they were favored and in several ways I am behind she and our older sibling because of their comparatively better starts at no or reduced cost to them while at considerable expense to me. No reason for the favoritism was ever uttered from either of my parents. So, as an adult I had the responsibility for these thing upon my shoulders.

It surely FEELS HORRIBLE to experience this high level of favoritism and I hope any parents reading will do unto ALL their children EQUALLY!!!!!!! Those who say your parents gave you life and similar garbage have not experienced the level of favoritism that was CLEAR to me from a very early age and they refuse to admit the fact that it is very painful and stays with you.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is indeed sad.  I read a study which indicated that middle children are THE LEAST favorite children in their families.The plight of the middle child is sad indeed.  They are often viewed as outsiders and marginalized in their own families.

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it was my experience throughout my youth, what gets me are those who refuse to acknowledge our youth shapes + affects us. I didn't ask to be born but it would have been better and fair to have at least been treated equally WITHIN my own family.

working