What are the TEN LIFE CHOICES which makes a person more likely to become and/or remain
Is it just me, that I have the feeling I'm missing something after 'remain'?
1. Drug use
2. Other addictions (tobacco, alcohol)
3. Not knowing the differences between needs and wants.
4. Spending on wants, instead of needs.
5. Lack of self control, personal discipline (relates to the previous two).
6. Lack of self-esteem.
7. Lack of education.
8. Lack of motivation, purpose in life.
9. Lack of positive role models.
10. Making excuses instead of plans.
There are probably more.
1. Blindly accepting a Capitalist System of Oppression
2. Choosing to remain a follower instead of a leader
3. Chasing after a dollar instead of freedom, justice, and equality
4. Making superficial friends on Social Media Sites instead of meaningful alliances
5. Watching television on a regular basis
6. Choosing to believe in a divisive two party system
7. Promoting the use of automobiles that annually kill over 40,000 in U.S., instead of Mass Transit
8. Paying taxes to subsidize an evil war machine that is killing Palestinian children
9. Pretending Jesus while walking with the devil
10. Choosing to celebrate holidays dedicated to murderous slave owners, and killers of children
11. There is no 11
There is only one reason, placing the locus of control outside of one's self. All actions belong to the agent. All actions entail an opportunity cost. The consequences of choices are the agent's alone. One may choose to skip school and the resulting ignorance belongs to the agent. One may choose to work hard and study hard, the resulting knowledge and expertise belongs to the agent.
There it is, one reason. One is responsible for the actions one takes, no one else can be and all of life is an aggregation of choices.
Therefore, the sole reason people become anything is that they accept the truth that all of their actions belong, solely, to them.
Bangladesh, Honduras, Northern Ireland: Are the poor in these countries responsible for their poverty because of their own choices? The inner cities of U.S.: Newark, Chicago, New Orleans: Are they responsible too? Fascinating .
And there it is, when one rejects that all action is the product of choice and all choices are personal and all life is an aggregation of choices, then the world looks like you see it. I think that much bitterness must ruin your dinner.
OK, I get it. I'm the one who's responsible for world poverty, and hunger. No it doesn't ruin my dinner at all. I have no remorse. Even more fascinating!
by Grace Marguerite Williams4 years ago
What causes so many Americans to blame society for their erroneous life choices instead of acceptingresponsibility for their particular choices?
by McKenna Meyers17 months ago
How do you respond to someone who's openly disdainful to your life choices?I'm a stay-at-home mom to two sons, one with autism. Staying at home has certainly hurt us financially, but it was the right choice. I had been...
by Grace Marguerite Williams3 years ago
Do YOU believe that life choices whether it is positive or negative is a result of mindset,consciousness, & psychology? Do YOU further contend that some people refuse to accept responsibility & to...
by David Stillwell2 years ago
Who is responsible for current economic conditions of the United States. Congress or the president?I am interested in your opinions, rants, and factual comments. Have at it people... I value all opinions even if I...
by sharing the sky23 months ago
Do parents own their children?This question can be interpreted in different ways; I'm open to reading what this means to everyone in their own personal responses. I've thought about this myself for years, first as an...
by John Coviello5 years ago
Who Is Responsible For Lack of Fiscal Cliff Action?Since the Congress passes laws and the President just signs them, shouldn't Congress pass a law that averts the fiscal cliff and put the onus on the President to either...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.