Do YOU believe that life choices whether it is positive or negative is a result

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do YOU believe that life choices whether it is positive or negative is a result of mindset,

consciousness, & psychology?  Do YOU further contend that some people refuse to accept responsibility & to be accountable regarding their particular life choice?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12261116_f260.jpg

2. connieow profile image79
    connieowposted 2 years ago

Interesting question.  I do believe there are those who do not know how to take responsibility for their life, choices, actions, thoughts, etc.  It is a learned skill that is not taught.

We live our life learning by "trying it on" and depending on the results we either repeat or discard.  We are all accountable, but not to others, to our selves.  Someone once told me, "Only you can make you happy."  Today I understand that statement.

Another lesson I was gifted, "I am responsible for setting my boundaries and enforcing them."  Which means that if someone crosses one of my boundaries, I am responsible for asking for that person to not repeat that action. 

We learn from our peers, parents, teachers, television, reading, and try it on in our own life.  When we are children, shame on our parents and other adults, but as an adult, shame on self for not searching out another way.  On the other hand, if it is not broke, don't fix it.

Thank you for providing me a reminder.

working