jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Why are introverted children and teens marginalized, even ostracized by their pe

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Why are introverted children and teens marginalized, even ostracized by their peers and

teachers, even their own parents? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9616777_f260.jpg

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 3 years ago

It is unfortunately common that people ostracize or ridicule those who act or look differently than them. This even happens within families and in cases where there is no need to make a judgement call about them for one's mental, financial or physical health. Also, it could be possible that some people project their issues onto others. Perhaps some people may simply feel better by putting others down as a distraction or even some form of punishment? Sadly, it's not uncommon for introverts to receive this type of treatment throughout their lives.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is sad how  introverted children & teens are UNDERestimated in this extroverted culture.  Such children are viewed as slow and backward even though they are often more intelligent than the extroverts around them.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

In my experience, people take it personally when they encounter someone who is happier alone than with others. They take it as a type of rejection. People who aren't introverts don't understand why someone would not want to be included in a group, or participate socially. It's easier to think there's something wrong with the introvert than face the fact that they simply like their own company more than they need yours.

1. Link10103 profile image76
      Link10103posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Must be why cats are so awesome.

2. Express10 profile image88
      Express10posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Lisavollrath, I could not agree more

4. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I think they  see it as an easy target for there cruel pleasure. They are always looking for someone to pick on and an easy prey is what they go after, not an assertive person who will stand up to them.

5. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 3 years ago

A lot of people mistake shyness for snobbiness.  I don't know why.

working