jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What are the advantages of not having a lover?

1. loamejan profile image70
    loamejanposted 3 years ago

What are the advantages of not having a lover?

Some people said that they were happy by not having a lover. I would like to know your opinions.

2. Old-Empresario profile image81
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

Well in the legal sense, marriage is the single-riskiest business arrangement into which any man or woman can enter--and it is a business arrangement, because it requires a very open contract in entering and a very closed contract in case of divorce. Most marriages in the US end in divorce and an even higher percentage experience rifts like infidelity. Love can often lead to children and/or a feeling of obligation to marry someone. So an advantage of not having a lover is a financial one. You do not risk sharing assets or making financial decisions with someone else who is not qualified to make them.

1. loamejan profile image70
      loamejanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank @Old-Empresario. You made me think about the financial aspects. May be some are afraid to enter into a relationship because they don't want a huge responsibility like  having a children and a financial sharing.

3. Penny G profile image71
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

I am very happy with me, I don't need a lot of company and seem to have outgrown wanting a lover. I am married but we really live two separate lives.

working