jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

HELP! I have googled questions for hours, but cannot find an answer.

1. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 3 years ago

HELP!  I have googled questions for hours, but cannot find an answer.

When WWII Pacific fleet arrived back to West coast most were taken to inland bases to receive discharge papers.  I need to know the names of some of these bases.  Any help will be appreciated.
    DJ.

2. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 3 years ago

The best I can do to contribute is to "hope" that alastar packer or unnamed harald...or perhaps any other of our History geniuses, see this question.  Seriously, whatever the History question, alastar and harald KNOW the answer.  It's mind-blowing. 
    So DJ, as a last resort, if you don't get the answers you're looking for, send off an email to these guys.  They can talk about History non-stop and love every minute of it.
    What I know about History would fit in a thimble....with room left over for my thumb..sad  Good luck!

1. profile image60
      DJ Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Paula.  I have been going around and around with google.
      If I did not know better, I would swear there is a Gremlin working Google, today.  LOL

2. fpherj48 profile image76
      fpherj48posted 3 years agoin reply to this

BTW...I should have mentioned.  To email another hubber, go to their profile page and click on "Fan Mail".  Their Hub email will pop up.

3. Anna Haven profile image84
    Anna Havenposted 3 years ago

Hi DJ
    I personally have no answers of assistance, however I follow a very  knowledgeable hubber called Peter Geekie, whom writes very comprehensive hubs on wartime. Perhaps he would know, if you messaged him?

1. profile image60
      DJ Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Anna.
      I'm not too proud to beg!  ha, ha

Closed to reply

working