jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Why some people ask questions as illiterate as Yoda? Answer, I cannot.

1. mcbel profile image74
    mcbelposted 3 years ago

Why some people ask questions as illiterate as Yoda? Answer, I cannot.

There are quite a few GREAT questions that pop up here on HubPages that are missing MULTIPLE words. Maybe I should take the time to count and see if those words are missing due to the character limit. Should these people be asking questions about grammar?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I have no idea. My guess is there are various reasons. Some people have no command of the language. As you pointed out, some might skip words because of the limit. Still others probably type quickly and never proofread the questions and additional information before they submit the question. Or maybe whatever name they use here is a pseudonym for the real Yoda.

3. Zelkiiro profile image95
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

Illiterate, Yoda is not. Simply alter order of operations in sentence structure, he does. Used by many other languages, this format is; at the end of the sentence, the verb usually goes.

4. bethperry profile image89
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

On many long Questions have I answered. And waited, too, for others details to provide in Questions of their own. Details some provide; broken are some details, some type so fast only their dangling participles remain. Others yet, words miss entirely. Rejoice for those who transform into literate writers. Mourn them do not. Grammar Nazi them do not. TXT'ing leads to laziness. The shadow of ignorance, that is. No, paraphrase do not! Write or do not. There is no try after minutes 5 to edit question you submit.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"TXT'ing leads to laziness." How very true!

5. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 3 years ago

I think a lot of them are translated and the people writing them do not bother to check and see if they make sense.

It's very frustrating. If they're really bad I just report them.