jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What is the FIRST THING that comes to mind at the mention of the word...........

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What is the FIRST THING that comes to mind at the mention of the word..................PREJUDICE?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12057908_f260.jpg

2. ahorseback profile image59
    ahorsebackposted 3 years ago

AS I have aged  and matured , I now realize that this dirty word is more likely used to describe most people  who simply don't THINK , while  we all suffer from some measure of it in our very blood  stream , Prejudiced simply IS the most common ailment  of stupidity !   Small minds still prevail in most discussions about just about anything .

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This is SO TRUE.

3. Rod Marsden profile image74
    Rod Marsdenposted 3 years ago

People who don't know how to handle the situation when it isn't a Caucasian male being prejudice that is what immediately comes to mind. I had to work in an office one time with this Japanese woman who was highly racist toward the Chinese workers in the office. If I had said even one tenth of the things she said, and she was loud, I'd have lost my position. We can be so blinkered by political correctness yet anyone can be racist or prejudice. It is a human failing and if you are human you can fail.

4. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

People live this word in their hearts that soon takes a form of action mostly to humans
    For God Almighty give his breath of life to all souls who are we to say God does not have that right.
    No different then some telling you not to have a son or daughter. When really he gave us the power to do so.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I usually associate prejudice with hatred/dislike & discrimination.
    This may apply to age, race, religion, or sexual orientation...etc
    Generally speaking if someone is prejudice of another they don't see them as being their "equal" and therefore are likely to be less pleasant, trusting, or tolerant when having dealings with them versus how they treat others whom they aren't prejudice against.

working