What are the TEN MAIN THINGS that constitutes irresponsible parenting? What makes some parents
act mindlessly, selfishly, immaturely, & irresponsibly regarding the emotional, psychological, & socioeconomic welfare of their children?
One through five would be detachment, neglect, abuse, selfishness, and lack of parenting skills. Six through ten would be a lack of planning, a lack of money, a lack of goal setting skills, being a friend rather than a parent, and a refusal to learn and improve and/or a lack of education.
Some parents choose to do any or all of these things because they are lazy, ill informed or ill equipped to be parents. Too many people become parents without giving the real hard tasks of it a second thought and their lack of planning often causes a lackluster life (at best) for them and their offspring.
My top 10 in random order:
1. Lack of finances to properly provide the basic human necessities (food, clothing,shelter, and secure housing)
2. Spoiling your children with materials in spite of the fact that your living situation and financial outlook is negative.
3. Use of foul language in front of your children and relating to them in a hostile manner. Constantly yelling at children is not psychologically healthy.
4. Putting down a child's mother or father. You are insulting 1/2 of who they are. It's not the child's fault that you chose poorly.
5. Sweeping emotions from physical/mental abuse and sexual molestation/assault under the rug instead of seeking professional help.
6. Not setting an example in terms of how to carry yourself in the future as a man/woman. That includes revolving multiple men/women in your life.
7. Not teaching moral guidelines or imparting spirituality. If you raise a child with no sense of right or wrong, you unleash parasites on society that no only harm themselves but others.
8. Raising your children with a sense of entitlement. You need to work and take the steps necessary to secure the future you want. No one is supposed to rescue you from being responsible.
9. Allowing children to take part in adult conversations, ghetto videos, and reality tv programming that gives the message that you can be as rachet as you want and obtain money and fame by conducting yourself in such ways. Putting your hands on someone else results in criminal charges and jail time not your own reality tv show.
10. Teaching your children that underachievement and failure is acceptable in life.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
Why is it irresponsible, immoral, unintelligent, even illogical to have large/very largefamilies( 6 children or more per family), especially in this postmodern day and age when advanced contraceptive technologies are very accessible and available?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
Do you think it is irresponsible, selfish& unwise for socioeconomically poor to impoverishedpeople to have children,knowing well that they have nothing to offer their children in terms of opportunities and a bright future? Poor children are doomed from the start, they have a childhood full of...
by NGRIA Bassett 9 years ago
We demonstrate and teach our kids to maintain physical health, how well do we model the importance of boundaries, balance etc.
by Clive Donegal 7 years ago
What constitutes our obligation to others?Is doing no harm sufficient or does each of us have an obligation to actively reach out to help others?Do you think that those who believe in a hereafter are more inclined to be philanthopic than those who do not?Is altruism natural or is it learned...
by Helen Murphy Howell 7 years ago
The internet seems to be getting flooded with new technology such as Android Tracking App and so on. This software basically allows parents to track and view all their kids messages on their mobiles etc - without the kids knowing anything about it! Now, while I do concede that for safety reasons...
by Beth Perry 5 years ago
Are the indifferent and irresponsible actions of faith-healing believers exploited by lawmakers...as an excuse to intrude on general parental rights?Herbert and Catherine Schaible defied a court order to seek out medical treatment for their children and now face prison terms after allowing another...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|