What are the TEN MAIN THINGS that constitutes irresponsible parenting? What makes some parents
act mindlessly, selfishly, immaturely, & irresponsibly regarding the emotional, psychological, & socioeconomic welfare of their children?
One through five would be detachment, neglect, abuse, selfishness, and lack of parenting skills. Six through ten would be a lack of planning, a lack of money, a lack of goal setting skills, being a friend rather than a parent, and a refusal to learn and improve and/or a lack of education.
Some parents choose to do any or all of these things because they are lazy, ill informed or ill equipped to be parents. Too many people become parents without giving the real hard tasks of it a second thought and their lack of planning often causes a lackluster life (at best) for them and their offspring.
My top 10 in random order:
1. Lack of finances to properly provide the basic human necessities (food, clothing,shelter, and secure housing)
2. Spoiling your children with materials in spite of the fact that your living situation and financial outlook is negative.
3. Use of foul language in front of your children and relating to them in a hostile manner. Constantly yelling at children is not psychologically healthy.
4. Putting down a child's mother or father. You are insulting 1/2 of who they are. It's not the child's fault that you chose poorly.
5. Sweeping emotions from physical/mental abuse and sexual molestation/assault under the rug instead of seeking professional help.
6. Not setting an example in terms of how to carry yourself in the future as a man/woman. That includes revolving multiple men/women in your life.
7. Not teaching moral guidelines or imparting spirituality. If you raise a child with no sense of right or wrong, you unleash parasites on society that no only harm themselves but others.
8. Raising your children with a sense of entitlement. You need to work and take the steps necessary to secure the future you want. No one is supposed to rescue you from being responsible.
9. Allowing children to take part in adult conversations, ghetto videos, and reality tv programming that gives the message that you can be as rachet as you want and obtain money and fame by conducting yourself in such ways. Putting your hands on someone else results in criminal charges and jail time not your own reality tv show.
10. Teaching your children that underachievement and failure is acceptable in life.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
Why is it irresponsible, immoral, unintelligent, even illogical to have large/very largefamilies( 6 children or more per family), especially in this postmodern day and age when advanced contraceptive technologies are very accessible and available?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 13 months ago
To deep thinkers out there, do you strongly contend that poor parents in the UnitedStates are thoughtless, uncaring, & irresponsible? If they weren't these things, why would they WILLINGLY bring children into the world knowing that their children will have LIMITED options &...
by NGRIA Bassett 8 years ago
We demonstrate and teach our kids to maintain physical health, how well do we model the importance of boundaries, balance etc.
by phion 6 months ago
As my wife and I struggle to put enough money away to buy a home and plan for having a child, I'm left wondering why others don't have to be responsible for their own lives. I was at Sam's Club the other day, and was in line behind two full shopping carts full of racks of ribs, tenderloins, pork...
by joleenruffin 7 years ago
More and more kids are getting diagnosed with ADHD. Why do you think that is?Do you think kids are getting misdiagnosed, kids in the past were undiagnosed, our diet is affecting our kids?
by Raymond Philippe 4 years ago
Is having more than two children unresponsible?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|