jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is educating women is the only way to empower them ?

1. icv profile image64
    icvposted 3 years ago

Is educating women is the only way to empower them ?

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

It's one of the primary ways yes.  In life, lack of education is how to keep anyone down.  Women should be educated and in control of their own destiny.  Sadly, women's rights still have a long way to go and are completely absent in some areas of the world and it is most unfortunate, as women have a lot to offer.

1. icv profile image64
      icvposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agreed with you...

3. Austinstar profile image88
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

Education empowers everyone! Your attitude toward women is belittling. No one can get ahead in this world without education. It's definitely not restricted to women.

1. icv profile image64

Yes. But there are places in the world where women are suffering a lot, mainly because of lack of knowledge.

2. Austinstar profile image88
      Austinstarposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And that means that the uneducated men in the area are to blame for that. So, educate BOTH sexes! Why do these men think having an ignorant woman around is a good thing? Ignorance on their part, obviously. All need to get educated!

3. icv profile image64

I agree that, lack of educatiin may become a reason for exploitations irrespective of men and women.... I means women are highly exploiting than men...

4. profile image60
    Anika Diariesposted 3 years ago

I think educating a girl child is the first step and then they will themselves work towards their empowerment. Education is definitely important for any individual. Everyone deserves it.

1. icv profile image64

thanks for responding

working