jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why do you suppose no one has been able to rebuild another Egyptian pyramid from

1. Craan profile image69
    Craanposted 2 years ago

Why do you suppose no one has been able to rebuild another Egyptian pyramid from the ground up?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

I guess the simple answer would be no one has sufficient motivation.   Questions like: What's the point?   Novelty wouldn't be enough, considering the costs involved.   Corporations and banks would be thinking, "Is this a good investment?   Will we get a return on it worth the outlay?   You see, we don't appear to have any "living god and absolute rulers" to force us into doing such a thing and so...It is likely not to be undertaken.   Maybe a country like China could do it.   But would they be able to sell it overseas...?

3. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

Tom more or less already explained it; there is no point for anyone to do it now. But I do think modern society creates much larger and more complex structures with a much shorter time frame. It's just debatable if the materials we use now would last as long as the materials used to build the pyramids.

4. AsimAli1511 profile image60
    AsimAli1511posted 2 years ago

Its a man nature to do something different, never achieved before. I don't want to build the Same Triangle...I want to built something much super. At least no one would say I copied that.

5. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

The building of the Giza Pyramids completely destroyed the economy of Egypt's Old Kingdom and led to what we would today call a recession great enough to bring down an entire civilization. The equivalent today would be a construction venture big enough to involve a significant portion of the world's population. But in terms of architectural achievement, we have surpassed the pyramids. Dubai has some miracles of modern engineering.

working