jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is communications and media Arts a good field to get into?

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Is communications and media Arts a good field to get into?

I am proud of my daughter who graduated from H.S. on the honor roll.  She is autistic and we are looking into going on to a local state college.  The media program attracted her and we are applying. So courses are photography, computer grapics, visual arts.  Just wondering if there is a nationwide demand for this field.  She will want to work locally and not have to transfer to another part of the nation.

2. sallybea profile image98
    sallybeaposted 2 years ago

You are right to be proud of your daughter.  I don't know if there is a demand for people working this field, but I do think that the subjects will bring her much pleasure and also the opportunity to perhaps look at self-employed in the future should this be her desire.

1. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Even if this doesn't make a career, it can be a great hobby.  When she toured this department it sparked her interest.  We have a couple tv stations in our area and newspaper

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

There is actually steady demand for graphic designers. Between advertisements, websites, and magazines, there will always be need for artists capable of layout and logo design.

4. Edwin Thomas profile image72
    Edwin Thomasposted 2 years ago

always listen to your heart. Do what your mind tells you to

5. Dr Pran Rangan profile image87
    Dr Pran Ranganposted 2 years ago

The parents should always allow their children to pursue academic courses, in which they are really interested. So, if your daughter is really interested in communications and media arts, you should let her join the course. There is a real demand of persons, who are qualified in this particular field. If she is genuinely interested in this field, she will find her way to success. My good wishes for her.