jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone have experience writing for Demand Media Studios?

1. StephanieBCrosby profile image85
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

Does anyone have experience writing for Demand Media Studios?

Please share any experience and/or advice you have about writing for this company. I am trying to decide whether or not to fill out the application for Demand Media Studios. I have read all the FAQs and keep seeing the job posting come up on my higher education listing.

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

From what I have read, somethings do not make sense and the site is producing a large number of disgruntled writers.
    See link for more:http://www.demandstudiossucks.com/

StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I notice others have asked about Demand Studios but they were a year and two years ago, so I was wondering if things have changed.

2. StephanieBCrosby profile image85

Thanks. I have seen people post comments a year and two years ago, but I was not sure if things had changed since then.

3. Randy M. profile image85
    Randy M.posted 5 years ago

I worked for them until the well dried up. I was writing for the eHow site.  So, I moved on to HubPages.  The paid on time, but they pretty much shut off the faucet and the topics were getting really weird and niche-like.  Although I haven't quit the site, they haven't contacted me for further work.  I suppose they have a staff that they are happy with, but may be looking for more on occasion for other types of web sites that they host.

Thanks. From what I was reading, it seemed like once you were approved to write for them, you would have access to a job message board and could pick the ones you wanted in your area and up to the approved limit of jobs.

2. Randy M. profile image85
      Randy M.posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I have gone back and checked my writer's desk and found that there are different sections that I can apply to.  They are apparently looking for experts in different fields.  I applied in gardening, since I am a plant scientist and am a gardener.

4. profile image55
    parkavithaiposted 5 years ago

eHow only offers authors those who are in United States.  That is one of the reasons why I have not try yet.

Thanks.

working