To OLDEST CHILDREN, what are the FIVE things you absolutely hate MOST about being the
oldest child in your family?
I'm the oldest of two, and I didn't hate it, but there were things that seemed unfair.
1) My parents didn't let me do things that my sister then got to do. I guess they were more wary with me as I was the first, then more relaxed with my sister. For example as a teen they didn't let me go to out to pubs with my friends, but by the time my sister was allowed to drink they didn't have any problems with her going.
2) Like all older siblings, (probably), I was jealous when my sister was born. I wouldn't call her by her real name, I called her Linda.
3) She was always the littlest and the cutest, so she got away with more and people felt sorry for her and took her side.
4) As the oldest, I was always supposed to be the 'responsible one', and was expected to look after my cousins, even though my sister wasn't much younger than me.
5) Because our parents were stricter with me than they were with her, she has very different memories of our childhood!
Oldest children seem to always get the shaft. Sad isn't it.
Yes. In my case, especially as I'm not really a typical 'older child' personality. My younger sister is much more confident, sure of herself and bossy!
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
child as far as birth orders/ family constellations go?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 5 years ago
To all oldest children out there, what are the FIVE worst things that people have said to youregarding your particular birth order?
by nanderson500 6 years ago
Would you rather be the oldest child, in the middle, or the youngest?
by Cindy Lawson 5 years ago
How many children do you think is too many to have?There is a woman on the island where I live who survives only on benefits and now has 14 children. She openly admitted she got jealous when her 16 year old daughter got pregnant last year. The Husband left her a couple of years back, and most of...
by Tom Radford 5 years ago
Do you think that your sibling position effects your confidence and approach to others?I'm the youngest of five. As a child my opinon was seldom heard or listened to. I grew up feeling like a nuisance and would be loud and outrageous to mask it. My partner is the oldest of three, she is wracked by...
by Penny Godfirnon 16 months ago
If your were the oldest child in your family were you given huge responsibilities?Were you given responsibilites beyond your years and were you able to accomplish them or did you suffer from failing your parents!
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|