jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long can a gum inflammation last?

1. prettynutjob30 profile image90
    prettynutjob30posted 2 years ago

How long can a gum inflammation last?

I stuck my gum with a chip last week, the next day my gum looked swollen and sensitive. My gums look better now than they did a couple of days ago, how long does it usually take for gum irritation to go away?

2. erorantes profile image50
    erorantesposted 2 years ago

I often hurt my gums with corn ships. When I feel disconfort. I used hydrogen peroxide. I do not swallow the peroxide. After one of two minutes , I used water to clean the peroxide from my gums. The peroxide created a foam when is cleaning any cut or imflamation.

3. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Go with what Ana says.  Plus you can also try a salt water rinse with warm water and an 1/8 teaspoon of salt.  Add a little more salt if you need.

4. Siva222 profile image73
    Siva222posted 2 years ago

Depends upon how big the wound is. Usually the best medicine is your own saliva. Have you seen the animals licking their wounds multiple times in a day? They never go to a doctor to get medicines. But their wounds heal. So go on licking your gum and not only will you feel relieved it will also heal soon.

5. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

i tried salt water but never use mouth wash that would worsen the pain. Salt water could kill the germs, also consume serraptidase pill to kill the bacteria