jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Which guitar strings last the longest?

1. Athlyn Green profile image97
    Athlyn Greenposted 5 years ago

Which guitar strings last the longest?

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

For a steel string acoustic guitar I would never put any other brand but Elixir on the thing - unless I just happened to be about to perform live or make a recording, and in those kinds of cases, I could still confidently use the Elixir strings.....they just last a really long time, and sound new seemingly forever.

Now there are two different kinds of Elixir now, Polyweb and nanoweb.  The polyweb has a thicker coating than the nanoweb, so those will last longest.  The nanoweb are coated much more thinly, so those strings will sound a bit brighter, last a good long time - but not so long as the polyweb.

3. Living Well Now profile image73
    Living Well Nowposted 5 years ago

I would have to agree with Mr. Shaw, Elixir strings last a long time, but they're kind of pricey. D'addario EXP strings are less expensive and last as long, but they don't feel quite as good as the Elixir strings.

Personally, I just use D'Addario light phosphor bronze strings and wipe them down after playing.

4. Earth Angel profile image75
    Earth Angelposted 5 years ago

For my regular acoustic guitar I use Ernie Ball strings ~ inexpensive and long lasting ~

5. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Acoustic..John Pearce and coated strings ..Elixir are very good. Ball strings are very good also.

working