jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Which school year was your best?

1. Amanda108 profile image92
    Amanda108posted 2 years ago

Which school year was your best?

Whether you loved or detested attending school, which grade level is the one you look back on as your favorite (or your least hated...)?

Did something make this year of school special? Good friends, first love, amazing teacher, straight A's, fun classes?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12472262_f260.jpg

Hopefully next year; I am still in college although I will soon surpass (note; not graduate) 18 years for the 3rd (time) go-around our sun! Two of my off-spring have sprung by me graduating from the college I am still at! At the rate I am moving at soon my grandsons will spring by me... Hopefully 2015-2016 will be my best year...

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It was probably my sophomore year in college.
    By then I had settled in on campus life, pledged a fraternity, had a model girlfriend, and my every dream seemed within reach!
    As for middle school & high school the only good thing about those years was the music of that era. I couldn't wait to get out from under my parent's house. Going away to college was heaven on earth!

4. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

My best school year was my last.  I started in January 1951 and left in February to move to another country and a new life.   Never went back to school as a school child ever again.   And I was fourteen at the time.   

Despite the lack of a formal education I've really been involved in study of one type or another all my working life - and beyond into retirement. I undertook various courses with a bevy of employers.  Went back to formal schooling: English, History, Economics, Geography in my early thirties and found I relished studying.   This lead to writing and speaking as life-long loves.

The result?   I've had a fantastically adventurous life, serving in the Navy, in Aviation, in Telecommunications, Transport, Electrical Supply, the Police - and even a stint as an Antarctic expeditioner.   So don't ever think that you've got to do well in your school years to do well in your life overall.

1. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Excellent indeed...

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

My best school year was when i was in primary four, age ten years old. I met new friends and left and new friends again. They come from different countries. Great to learn thier cultures. I missed them

working