Legally speaking, is what this teacher doing illegal and morally speaking what i

1. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Legally speaking, is what this teacher doing illegal and morally speaking what is your opinion?

I know this guy, he didn't finish high school and went straight to work at 16, because, he needed to take care of her younger sister after his mom died.  After his sister turned 18, he wanted to go to college and need to finish the last two years of high school first.  So, he return to high school, at the age of 21.  During his final year (he was 22), he got into a sexual relationship with a 23 years old teacher (only five months old then him). Normally is not appropriate for a teacher to get involve with a student, but consider the special circumstances here, please share your thought.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

What's the problem?   Two adults in a consenting sexual relationship.   Personally, I can see nothing wrong.  However, these two would need to be reasonably discreet and not be demonstrative towards one another in the school setting.    But this would only be to establish the normal relationship between student at teacher at school.  Outside of that, it is two adults in a quite normal situation. 

And remember "What other people think of me in none of my business."  If both of these people adopt this attitude, and disregard the pseudo-moralisers, their lives will be a littler easier.

3. Aime F profile image86
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

I can't see how that would be illegal but I'm sure the school would frown upon it, she's probably putting her job in jeopardy. But other than that, whatever, they're both adults and practically the same age.

working