jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Anyone had their questions deleted by Hubpages before they had a chance to see t

1. savvydating profile image94
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

Anyone had their questions deleted by Hubpages before they had a chance to see the light of day?

For example, I asked about Hillary Clinton having received millions of dollars from middle east donors who have a history of ongoing human rights abuses against women---and at least three other questions, one of which had been published and was later deleted despite having had about 17 comments. Also, do you experience a drop in score immediately after having made a factual comment which was not "popular?" 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12572673_f260.jpg

2. kj force profile image72
    kj forceposted 2 years ago

Over the past few years I have noticed many changes on Hubpages that leave questions as to just what is accepted and what is not. I have seen many well written articles that have been deleted , while other writes of low quality remain. I myself have had a write that was published and received many positive comments and increased followers, only later to receive a notice from HP that the write appeared to be sub-standard for their site, or too many adsense on the page
    ( which I don't control , so hence recommendation is article should be edited.. .
    I edit the article only for it to be unpublished..., .I have seen many writer turnovers, compared to many other sites due to changes...hopefully this was of some feedback you were looking for...

savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, kjforce. You have been most helpful. I thank you! HP's editing strikes me as troublesome. I wonder if it is a simple management problem or whether they have made a detour into some area of which we have not been made privy. Very strange, indeed.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

The Q and A section is not for debates according to HP. So if you post something that becomes a debate it may be deleted. Also things related to @bortion, 1ncest, Child @buse, or other similar topics may be against TOS and be deleted because HP doesn't want to make google mad.
    I've had questions and hubs deleted or unpublished because of these type things. I had a hub with 150 comments get unpublished because HP moderators didn't approve of the "bickering". I thankfully have never seen my score change right after any of this, and most of my views are unpopular by the masses here.

Good information, peeples. None of my questions addressed the issues you mentioned, though I have bickered as you well know. It just seems strange not to have a  reasonable question published. Weird.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image76
    Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago

QA is intended as a place to ask a factual and not opinion-based question.

So "What is the best produce to raise in the Pacific Northwest?" is a good QA example, but not "What do you think of x?"
    The policies are outlined in more detail here.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Topi … d_22576958

If it is a discussion, debate, or matter of opinion, it belongs in the forums.

Thanks, zebtron. It appears that one should word the question carefully. Nevertheless, I see lots of questions here that are quite "leading" and based strictly on opinion, by the same authors, over and over again. That's the weird part of all this.

working